Sunday, June 21, 2009

The One on Father's Day

Well, I finished Father's Day cards for my hubby and my father-in-law. I got out the camera to take pics of them, and Lo and Behold, the friggin thing was BROKEN... My $800 (not now of course, but when I bought it) Canon DSLR, will not take a picture. It turned on, but wouldn't focus and wouldn't shoot. I started to examine it, and one side of the lens was jammed in. It was significantly crooked, like when you screw a lid on wrong. Never let anyone tell you a bone folder is worthless. It proved VERY effective in prying my lens out, and THANK GOD it works. Lucky for my 7 year-old that he was next door when I discovered the issue, as I am QUITE sure that he was responsible.

At any rate, here are my cards for Father's Day. Don't think it is weird that the one for my hubby has a gun on it. He has gotten into competitive shooting, and actually has spent all of today at a match. He will think it is cool (i hope). The other is for my father-in-law. Sadly, I have no father's left to make cards for, my father passed almost 8 years ago, and my grandfather passed in January. My mom and grandmother are paying hommage to him today by sprinkling his ashed on a lake in Minnesota with my uncles. He did love boats and the water, so it is only fitting.

No comments: